08 March 2014

8-Mar-2014

Happy International Women's Day


Or maybe I should say Happy International Working Women's Day? Because 8th March used to be a for the independent, controversial and open-minded women of the beginning of 20th C - the one that wanted opportunities. She wanted to better payment, better working conditions, she wanted voting rights and the right to choice her studies even if that meant to study Medicine or Law.

I'm no feminist, that's a no brainier. Anyone who have met me can tell you that. I'm extremely lucky that I have never been discriminated against based on my gender and that my parent have never refused me something just because is not-girly-like. Just the opposite, my Dad made sure that I'm my education is well-rounded and that I have common knowledge even for topics that according to most people are a No-No for girls. And I have never felt sexually discriminated against in my daily life by my peers. All that said - I'm probably the exception of the rule.
If you want to do something good today don't buy flowers, teddy bears and chocolates for your lady-friends. Don't take them to fancy dinners because it's 8th March. Instead of that try to make a difference. Donate what you would've spent of roses and chocolate.Help others, less privileged than us - the Western know-it-all, to get a chance to better future. Give more than dead plants and carbs - give HOPE and feature.

To begin with take a look at United Nations Girls' Education Initiative.

Than choose between (or choose a cause on your own):


You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...