04 March 2014

04-Mar-2014

Begin Again


Some time ago I stopped doing yoga every day and reduced my routine to 2 times a week. Not long ago I reduced it even further - to once a week when I feel like it or when I'm not too busy with school. Last week I discovered I no longer can hold Crow Pose steady, what is more - I was barely lifting my feet of the ground.
So today, trying to beat my OCD and get into shape again - I started doing yoga again. My aim is to learn how to do headstand before the end of the school year. The only clinching from my daily routine is allowed if I have fever or if I spend more than 30 minutes doing some other sport - that being running for more than 30 minutes or having a nice, long workout at the gym. I should make sure that I can spend at least 10 minutes a day doing something that I enjoy and that is good for my body.
Today, for example, I started with 20 minutes of self-made routine - trying to break my usual routine of watching videos. Not that is bad, but only after a week of repetition my muscles get used to what I'm doing and it's not challenging anymore. Mr. Boyfriend was kind enough to help me do a headstand - he was holding my legs while I was trying to figure it out how not to break my neck. Fun times!
Bright days lie ahead!

You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...