07 March 2014

07-Mar-2014

Fruitilicious

I've been craving fruit salad for good few weeks now. I have this memory of a lovely huge bowl of fruits and nuts that my Mum used to prepare for me when I was little and I'm almosts at the point where I'll be day dreaming about it. She used make this as a Sunday breakfast for me and I absolutely loved it.
The secret behind her marvelous fruit salad (a.k.a. bowl of fruitilicious happiness) was the topping of yogurt, honey and cinnamon. And the chopped nuts. This is what made the whole difference. It didn't matter the particular combination of fruit she used every time, the topping was what made it special. Nevertheless, here are some of my favourite mixes:
  • Strawberries, Bananas, Kiwi and Blueberries
  • Apples, Bananas and Pineapple
  • Mango, Pineapple and Apple
  • Oranges, Apples, Bananas and Tangerines
  • Oranges, Tangerines and Grapefruit
  • Pomegranate, Blueberries and Grapes
  • Apricots, Peaches and Apples
And while I'm still on the topic of fruit salads - I better go and make one!


You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...