26 March 2014

26-Mar-2014

Hush-Hush

My voice is still gone, so I'm trying to stay as shut as possible. It is not easy but it has it's pro's. Speaking less, I have the opportunity to listen more. And maybe to think more.
I'm an only child, so spending time on my own has never been a problem. I'm particularly good at creating adventures for myself inside my head, I can spend a day just thinking about numbers and the usage of the same letters as different sounds in the alphabets around the world. I also find great pleasure just staring at object, preferably still ones, because I love imagining how they might look if they moved.
I grew to be what it seems an outgoing person, an extrovert and a people's person, but I still find great pleasure in just staying somewhere quite on my own and drifting off in thoughts. This two days, that I can't speak, have been the perfect opportunity to be doing it even more. And while it's really nice to be able to listen to my own thoughts, it made me sad in a very predictable way. All I've been thinking about lately, it's home. The red tulips that my Mum plants on our balcony. The smell of freshly baked tea cake. The colours of the blossoming chestnuts on my street. The little sparrows that are everywhere. The swallows and the storks that are the "guardians" of all small villages in the valley. The nice warm rain. My Dad coming to kiss me "Goodnight!". The delicious natural yogurt, that is everywhere, and the white brine cheese, called "sirene". My grandparents going for their traditional afternoon walk. I miss looking at my city from above, the hills that  are its symbols, the perfect place for a nice walk and picnic. I miss going to the rowing channel and just sitting on the benches, enjoying the rays of Spring sun. And I miss my cat, Domino, the sweetest little ball of fur that ever existed!
I guess that this is the price one pays for deciding to leave home and go create themselves somewhere abroad. It's not much, but some days it seems impossible.



You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...


You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...