08 February 2014

8-Feb-2014

My Heart is Red Ink

We all have our little or not so little obsessions, things that excite us more than anything else and that are quite special for us. There are three things on top of my list - travelling, good books and ... tattoos.
Since the tattoo season is upon us I decided that is about time to share about one of the biggest loves of my life - tattooing. I can't remember time when I didn't like tattoos, they have always been on my To Do list, ever since I was old enough to be able to envision myself somehow. You see, for me tattooing is not about being hip or getting more popular. No, not me. For me tattooing is about the relationship you have with yourself, about the things you want to be part of you forever, until you become dust and ashes. Tattoos are about the scars we choose to have, the memories we are willing never to forget. They are about who we are in the dark and cold of the night.
So far, I have three tattoos, made within 6 months from each other 2 years ago. I had a dream seeing the exact tattoo and its placement about each one of them before I got it. When I dream about a tattoo I know that is time to get it. They are all very personal and none is visible in my daily life. One day I will share more about them on the blog but this day is not today. Let's keep some mystery in our relationship. For now I think is enough to be said that on my Tattoo-Wish-List there are 25 more waiting for me to dream about them. Or to forget about them because in fact, they weren't so close to my heart. Only time knows.


You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...