18 February 2014

18-Feb-2014

De Amor y De Chocolate

No, I'm not switching my a-post-a-day journal to Spanish, not just yet. Today I met for a coffee with my Mexican friend and our date just reminded me, rather painfully, how much I actually miss Spanish. It use to be a huge part of my everyday life for 5 years, it was what determined how I felt, what I wanted, who I am.
And I'm really sad now that I can't spend more time doing something Spanish-related. When you don't use a language often enough - it dies inside you. This is not what I want to happen. So, instead of reading my new novel I switched to "Cuentos Castellanos" - a teeny-tiny book with some of the most beautiful magical stories ever written in Spanish. I have read  just one of them so far but it everything I would expect from a spanish fairy-tale and more. When I finish the whole book I'll tell you more in detail about each and every story in the book. 
It's a magic, I promise!

You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...