26 February 2014

26-Feb-2014

A La Parisienne - Part 2

This is the second time this week that I wake up in the morning with clear idea in my head about what I want to wear. This happens really, really, really rarely nowadays and I just let it lead me.
Few years ago, while I was still in high-school I'll have outfits planned for at least few days ahead and will be knowing every little detail about what when I'm wearing, how my hair is suppose to look and so on. It made my life very easy in a way because most mornings dressing up will be an automatized procedure. On the other hand, it was hard to come up with new ideas everyday and always to try and look put together. Now I value being able to move comfortably, everything needs to be cycling-appropriate and I really try to find the most functional clothes. My high-school wardrop wouldn't meet this criteria even in hundred years. I'm not  even sure if I could pull-off those high high-heels I used to wear everyday. It's safe to say that people change.
This particular outfit combines together all of the things that make me feel feminine and chic. It's incredibly comfortable, those flats are life-saves. And the skirt - ah, the skirt. It's a fine knit skirt which makes it perfect for the early spring or for the autumn. It combines a bit more colours at the same time than what I would usually anticipate but I just feel like all those clothes complement each other perfectly. 

By the way - the travel mugs are life-savers for those early in the morning seminars! I can't imagine surviving through the whole class without my favourite mug of tea!


You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...