06 February 2014

6-Feb-2014

The Library In My Head


Mr. Boyfriend told me the other day that most people don't read the books I recommend because I never recommend light and easy readings. At first it sounded to me like a bit of exaggeration but then I gave it a go and I realised that he was right, again. Don't tell him the last part - his self-esteem doesn't need much of a boosting. However, it is a fact that most of the time I read serious and some-what difficult books. Or world classics, that in most cases are equally hard to read. I like big, interesting, overwhelming stories that leave me breathless. I search for magnetic characters who can teach me about life. I like to get lost between the lines and to define myself through the book. I like my books like I like my cakes - better than everything one could've ever expect out of something so simple.
This whole tirade was just to say that many would not like my taste in books and that's just fine. However, I intend on sharing my personal reviews on the books that have impressed my or have had a huge impact on who I am and what I want form life. Feel free to prove me wrong if you wish to. Tomorrow I promise to tell you about the book that changed my life.

You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...