05 February 2014

5-Feb-2014

With all my love
Happy Birthday, Daddy!

My dearest knight in shining  armour today celebrates one more year of greatness! The person who taught me so many things, the one I look the most like. My Dad, the man who made sure that I'm sophisticated enough to know much about art, go to classic ballet and horse-back riding, and to speak at least two foreign languages. The very same man that also did his best to make me tomboy enough to like football and box, to drink beer straight from the bottle and to be able to tell the difference between good vodka and bad, and last, but not least, to know how to park my damn car in reverse! My Daddy, My Hero.
Every little girl knows that their Daddy watches them over their sleep, but how many 20-year-olds can say that to this day their Dad wishes them "Goodnight" every night before they go to bed? Even now, when we don't live in the same country, or in the same time zone for that matter, he sends me an e-mail or a text every evening, wishing me "Sweet dreams, baby bear!". And that is one of the best things. Ever!
He never calls me any cheese names like "Princess" or "Baby-Doll". I'm his baby bear! Or even better - his tamagotchi. And this is way better. I love when we talk on Skype and he ask how's his little green tamagotchi doing lately.
He is very intelligent and smart and bright, my dad. His memory is like encyclopedia Britannica but way better. He remembers every little detail, every little notch of information and he gave this ability to me. If you ask him what he was wearing the day he took my mother and I from the hospital after I was born - he'll tell you. And he'll telly exactly which song he played in our dear old Trabant on the way back. Or what were my first words after he took me from my first day at school. Or my first words after I arrived here, in England. And if you ask him why he does it - he doesn't know, this is just the way he is. Just the way I am.
So, Happy Birthday, Dad! I love you so much and I'm really proud of you, of everything you are. Stay healthy and smile as much as you can, I'll take care for the rest!
Love,
Tana


You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...