30 January 2014

30-Jan-2014

Conversation for Two

Today was my meeting with the Educational Psychologist. He said that I'm not stupid, with the opposite - I have shown extraordinary cognitive abilities. On the down-side my working memory is very weak and I have definitely have a dyslectic pattern. So far so good. But not really. Since English is not my mother tongue they cannot be sure that all my reading, writing problems are not provoked by lack of knowledge so I'm officially diagnosed with Special Educational Difficulties. Which is good and bad in the same time - I'm dyslectic but they cannot give a document for it. Oh well. What can I say? Life is life. I have lived like that so far - I cannot see a reason not to continue to do so.
On a slightly merrier matter - I drove to the airport and back. Not that is a huge distance - 30 miles or so but it was my first highway drive in England. I was SO excited. One of my room-mates was getting back in England from his extremely long Winter vacation (a 45 days one) and he needed a pick up. At first I was supposed just to be a companion for the driver on the way to the airport but half an hour before our departure time he said he doesn't feel like driving - he's vision was blurred and his head was hurting so suddenly I became the designated driver. The aftermath of the event is - we are all safe and sound, there is nothing wrong with the dear old car and I might get to drive more often than before.
Maybe the day wasn't so bad after all.

You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...