29 January 2014

29-Jan-2014

Guinea Pig

For almost year and a half in England I have become Jack-Of-All-Trades. It sounds funny but I've done so many odd jobs and I've been part of so many project that I really lost track. I just know that the pressure I put on myself to be self-sufficient and independent have made me do the most bizarre things I could've imagined. That would include all kinds of final-year projects where people will test my brain, will measure my abilities to do maths after drinking a glass of milk or whatever else they have in mind. So, today Mr. Boyfriend and I took part in one of those experimental projects. We were supposed to organise a trip for ourselves using a virtual system. For the sake of the research we chose Southern Spain and using searching engines found all of the details - plane tickets, car hire, room hire and daily food allowance. Bearing in mind that the idea of the project is to act as if you are to go to this trip - for real, we made a pretty decent plan. Leaving Friday morning and coming back Tuesday evening and seeing the best of SouthEast Spain - Alicante, Cordoba, Seville, Gibraltar and Malaga. The overall price turn-out to be £640 for both of us together and that includes splurging on hiring amazing one-bedroom flats, always with quite a view, and hiring a specific car that we want to test-drive.
I'm telling this story because a few weeks back I went on a rant how much I want us to go to a vacation in Spain, just the two of us and what he said was : "We don't have that much money to spare!". mind you, at the time I was trying to convince him to go there the tickets were half the price. Literally. After the experiment his words exactly were : "We should do this - it sounds like a great plan and it just so cheap!". So, if I manage to find somewhat of a stable job before April - we may actually go. I love when the universe gives me the key to my problems!


You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...