21 January 2014

21-Jan-2014

Life as it is

Nothing interesting out here. Going to school, being part of a focus group for a 10GBP Amazon Voucher (yes, I'm doing even this), and went to the so-called "Re-Freshers' Fair". The "Re-Freshers' Fair" was the "Freshers' Fair" all over again.
I think I mentioned it earlier but last summer we did two weeks of road-tripping. The first one was around Bulgaria and the second one - through the whole of Europe. It was basically - Breakfast in Sofia, Lunch in Belgrade, Dinner in Budapest. And it was totally awesome. But due to our roaming in Europe I missed the opportunity to go to my university's Fresher's Fair. Not that in any universe I would've preferred the fair over the road-trip. Anyhow, I ended up not being part of any club, society or group whatsoever and during the whole 1st semester I missed that. Not a lot but I prefer knowing people than not. So when I heard that all the societies, group and club are introducing themselves again I knew I have to go!

And here is the aftermath of the event:

  • I have been spending too much time with not too social people - now I feel awkward around groups of people
  • There are too many people who either shower rarely or not at all
  • The two societies I was excited the most weren't present - e.g. The Foodies and The Sewing Society
  • On the other hand, I joined the Spanish Speaking Society, The International Students Group, The Read Between the Wines (book and wine appreciation club) and The Writers Club
  • I was THIS close to joining the Cat Society but decided that maybe better not to
  • Mr. Boyfriend and I are thinking of joining the Swing Club and to learn how to dance fancy 
  • Or alternatively to start going to Kick-Box and to become really Bad-Ass!

So yes, it was fun. But let's not do it again.



You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...