10 January 2014

10-Jan-2014

Running around

Don't run if you have bad knees. Like mine.
I used to be part of my high-schools athletics team for maybe 4 years, before and a while after my injury. Running has been a huge part of my life and I miss it every day. For over a year I've been trying to get the guts to start running again. Not to go back to competitions and being part of a team but merely as a hobby, a stress-relief, an amateur pursue.
Well today I finally went for a run. From home to the train station. This is 1.1km/ 0.7miles one way. Nothing too much. Just a short distance, enough for a first try. And that would it be - a first, and for now a last, try. I made it only to the train station and couldn't go back running. Had to walk since my knees started to hurt really bad. I wasn't just walking, I was limping. That bad. I'm still limping, slightly and hurts with every step I take.
So I guess I'll have to wait another day before I go for another run. Or I'll have to buy spare knees. Anyone have any idea where I can find some?


You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...