08 October 2014

8-Oct-2014

A Wednesday It Is

I have a love-hate relationship with my Wednesday this Autumn term. There is this that everything is very nice and compact, all neat and everything - 1 have three classes in a row, the first starting at 10am and the last finishing 1pm. Also, the rooms for my classes are in perfect order one after the other, the first starting just next to my favourite place to park my bike and the last just right on top of a small hill, giving a pleasant walk back to my bike. So, that's the "love" part. On the other hand, everything is one right after the other - no time for coffee, no time to talk a bit with friends, not even  enough time for a quick run to the loo. And after you are exhausted after running from one building to the other, while caring books and other (useless) staff, you have to go straight back home because it's lunch time and since you skipped breakfast because your first class was at 10am, you are now STARVING! And this, as you may assume, is the "part".
And just to add a little bit more zest to this particular Wednesday, I'm working tonight, after I worked yesterday. And the day before that was Mr.Boyfriend's birthday so I kind of had to organise a nice evening - meal and all, for both of us. That included some time in the kitchen, than some time in our bedroom - cleaning it up, then some more time preping it for a romantic diner and then cooking the diner itself. Oh, and did I mention that I was working the previous three days as well? That practically means that tomorrow will be the first actual day for me not to have to worry about working or organising something in the evening. I can't wait to just sit and enjoy a little quite time. Not much, just a little.





You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...