23 October 2014

23-Oct-2014

All Mighty Almost Healthy Wrap Lunch

I love having tortilla wraps in the fridge because they make the best improptu lunches. When Mr.Boyfriend and I forget to cook ourselves a nice meal the night before, he tends to buy something from one of the many university coffee shops, while I'm left to the mercy of whatever our fridge contains. Lucky for me, we went shopping yesterday evenings, so the fridge contains abundance of goodness.
So when I came home today after my seminar and my very nice coffee date with a friend/last-year's tutor, I was starving and ready to get creative in the kitchen. After a quick look around I came up with the perfect solution to satisfy my hunger, a wrap that would've been extremely healthy if it wasn't for the two types of cheese involved and the slice of bacon that I squeezed in between the avocado, arugula, baby spinach and fresh tomatoes. Oh, and just to top up this gorgeous wrap, I had a nice big glass of freshly made tomato juice to go with it. Mmm, just thinking about it makes me wanna some more. How about you?

Ingredients (for 1 wrap):


  • 1 tortilla wrap
  • 1/2 tomato, sliced to half-moons
  • 1 slice of bacon, baked or fried to the exact crispiness you like
  • 1 egg, scrambled with salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/4 avocado, sliced
  • handful spinach, arugula and salad leaves
  • 2-3 small slices of brie, it can be any other cheese that will melt
  • 2-3 small slices of oak smoked cheddar, it can be any other cheese that will melt
  • 4-5 olives, cut in halves
  • few drizzles of spicy sauce, I used Mango Mint Sauce

How-To:


  1. Place a pan on the stove.
  2. Put your tortilla wrap in the pan and heat for 1 minute on each side.
  3. Arrange the cheese on the bottom and put the scrambled egg on top of it. Then add the avocado
  4. Put the salad on top of the avocado and then put the rest of the ingridients on top of the salad.
  5. Drizzle with he sauce and fold the tortilla.
  6. Take out of the pan and put in a serving plate.
  7. Eat while it's warm. Best served with tomato juice.

Yummines for Lunch!






You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...