22 October 2014

22-Oct-2014

Dreaming France

If there has to be just one thing that determines my personality that would've been travelling. I love through, because and for travelling, this is the very core of my existence. And if it wasn't for my idea of higher purpose of my life than having fun, I would've lived like a nomad - out of a backpack, on two wheels, always moving, never settling.
However, society has already imprinted my consciousness with the ideas of purposeful life, work, career, family, settlement, responsibility and comfortism. As much I would like to claim otherwise, I'm not adapt to roaming purposelessly at this point of my life. All I can do is take trips, visit places and try to satisfy my wanderlust with the crumbs of what could've been a great adventure. And true to my real nature, the moment I have one adventure lined up in the near future, I start planing another one. If not for else then for the hope that this gives me and the incentive to work as hard as I can now and to rest as much as I want later.
So, the Barcelona trip is all lined up, the plain tickets are bought, the hotel is payed for, I have the addresses of few nice restaurants and bars, I have ideas for things to do and places to visit, I even have a short list of the clothes I consider packing with me. All left to be done is exchange currency and actually go. So, all the fun in preparing for somewhere is done. That means just one thing - it's time to start working on convincing Mr.Boyfriend we need another short vacation. France this time.
Here's what I have in mind - short trip to France in late April, early May, using one way tickets only. My current plan involves a  train from London to Paris, spending 2-3 days in Paris then catching the train from Paris to Nice, spending 3-4 more days there and then catching the plain from Nice to London Gatwick Airport. This way we can explore Paris in the Spring, roam around it's wonderful streets for a bit and then enjoying the Coast D'Azur for another few days, maybe taking a short trip North-East to Monaco or South-West to Cannes and Antibes. I have a good friend living in Nice, so that makes things a bit easier. And, if I have to be honest, Nice have always been one of my most favourite cities in Europe, definitely in my personal Top 3, combining the French chic and elegance with the Mediterranean bohemian spirit and eclectic artistism. It's a beautiful, beautiful city, that's all I can say.
The best part is that if we act on early enough - all travel expenses will be easily covered by 100 GBP, per person. That's a sweet deal, if you ask me.


You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...