29 October 2014

29-Oct-2014

Running Bunny Breakfast Smoothie

Few days ago I was reading recipes in Food 52 when I came across the "Jumpin Monkey Breakfast Smoothie" recipe and I was stunned! Are you kidding me, this was the greatest smoothie recipe ever! How so I haven't thought of using coffee in my breakfast smoothie before? Why not have breakfast and coffee in the same time? Deer Lord, this is pure genius! The smoothie of all smoothies!
I took my excitement to the kitchen and decided to give Jumpin Monkey a run for its money. I decided to outdo it and make it more "mine", a bit healthier, a bit more indulgent. You know me, I can't stay away from the good staff for too long. And this is how Running Bunny was born.
I must say, I'm very proud with this smoothie because even Mr.Boyfriend found it satisfying enough to use it as first breakfast on its own. Well, in all fairness, he added a scoop of his protein powder to make it a bit more powerful but it was more than good on its own for me. Are you ready? Set! RUN!

Ingredients (makes 2 large glasses):


  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 cup coffee, cooled
  • 5-6 tbsp natural yogurt
  • 1 ripe banana, chopped
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 10 tbsp oats
  • 1 scoop protein powder if wanted

How-To:


  1. Put the liquid ingredients first. Then add the yogurt and the fresh banana. Blend.
  2. When the first part of the ingredients are blend together add the rest of them and blend together
  3. Pour in glasses and enjoy!

Coffee and Breakfast UNITED





You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...