06 October 2014

6-Oct-2014

Happy Birthday Mr.Boyfriend,

My Dearest

Today he's turning 25, quarter of a century. He's the my better half and best friend. My partner in crime.
I try not to get too emotional and girly on the blog. I also try to protect his identity and not to share almost anything specific about him, because this is his wish and his right. But today, on his birthday, I must share few things about him.
He likes practical gifts and getting things he actually needs at the moment. Like the business card holder that I got him this year. Or the scarf I knit knitted for him last year. Or the new leather belt he got the year before. He likes practical yet personal things, nothing too expensive, nothing too grand.
He also likes food, all kinds of food, from all around the world and from the backyard. But he doesn't like fussy food and complicated recipes that call for 5 straight hours in the kitchen. And he's not big on sweet treats and cakes. Maybe a nice piece of chocolate after diner or a scoop of ice-cream if the weather is really really warm, but that's it. And he doesn't care at all about birthday cakes and blowing candles.
He likes to spend time outside, doing things, enjoying the good weather, making the most of his youth. He likes to cycle and ignited the love for cycling in me too. He likes to plant herbs and veggies in the garden and then to take care of them. And, of course, to eat whatever fruits they have given.
He can be very grumpy at times but then he's never grumpy when he's with me. He makes my life better, in all possible ways and if I believed in knights, we would've been mine! But instead he's my partner, in every sense of it, and my better half.

Happy 25th Birthday Mr.Boyfriend, my dearest!



Disclaimer: This photo has been made hazy in order to acknowledge Mr.Boyfriend's wish his face not to be seen.


You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...