02 June 2014

2-Jun-2014

Delightful And Guilt-Free Home-Made Cherry Ice-Cream


This was my yesterday's special treat. A few weeks, or now maybe even months back, while I was making my luscious smoothie I tough to myself that I have to try and make homemade ice-cream sometimes. And yesterday felt like the perfect day for this adventure. Well, it wasn't much of an adventure because it was obvious from the beginning that it's going to be an absolute success. I suppose this is my new favourite summer dessert. So easy, yet so delicious!
Now, can we spend a minute here to appreciate that this ice-cream is the absolute guilt-free pleasure? Nothing bad goes in it, nothing artificial, nothing that anyone would mind eating. But it tastes so delightful that even the little monsters, aka all children, won't feel the difference between the store-bought and this one. No added sugar, the frozen banana adds all of the sweetness you need. And all the creaminess comes from just 2 table spoons of milk. Any milk will do, your call. I can't wait to try and make other ice-creams with other fruits. Just think about the endless opportunities that you have - blueberries, strawberries, only bananas, pineapples, mangoes, basically any fruit that you can freeze.

Ingredients (for 1 big bowl):


  • handful of frozen cherries
  • half frozen banana
  • 2 tbsp almond milk (or any other milk of you choosing, I just love the combination of almonds and cherries)
  • 1 tsp flaked almonds

How-To:


  1. Put all of the frozen ingredients in you blender.
  2. Pulse until they become to small grains.
  3. Add 1 tbsp of milk and pulse again.
  4. Add the rest of the milk and pulse until it gets nice and creamy.
  5. Place in a bowl and put in the freezer for at least 10 minutes.
  6. Sprinkle with some flaked almonds. Enjoy!


Amazing taste, Amazing looks!





You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...