05 June 2014

5-Jun-2014

What I Wore: The Smart Dress-Up


If you remember I went to a job interview two days ago and I was to hear back from them if I'm invited to the next round. Well, they did call to invite me and the really really sweet girl that's been communicating with me gave me the advice to come to the second interview dressed smart but wearing comfortable shoes.
Comfortable but smart shoes. Sorry? Can you please repeat that one more time for me? Comfortable yet smart looking shoes? Sorry, I don't have such.
My comfortable shoes are bright and colourful Nike sneakers. They ain't smart. No, ma'am. But hell if they are not the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn.
And my smart shoes are either nice and high or really flat. Neither of those is suitable for an adventure said to start at 11:45am and to end at 8:30pm. My smart shoes are great if I'm going to sit in a office the whole day, but you said I should bring jacket so I guess the office is off limits then. Oh, well, I guess I'll have to ask the dear Mr.Boyfriend for a food massage at the end of the day. If he's not too tired, of course.

Enough with the moaning. Let's talk about the clothes I chose to wear for this second interview of mine. I decided to leave my suit trousers on the hanger today and go with my nice ASOS black jeans. They are really nice and comfy, perfect for a whole day on the go. Plus they look really smart, you'd never guess they are pair of jeans if you don't see the back pockets. And they are so flattering on me. One of the best buys I have ever done.
Next we have the super magic top that looks like white shirt with black cardigan but in fact is just one whole piece. My Mum found it in a small shop back home few years ago, and knowing my taste like the back of her hand, she bought it without even showing it to me, so convinced that I'l love it. Luck for both of us, she was right. I do loved it then and I still love it now, one of my easiest to match pieces. And the fabric is just amazing - light and soft.
The shoes I finally chose to wear are present from my Mum, a vintage find from a small shop again. You may see a tendency here - my Mum goes to small shops almost exclusively and finds the cutest things ever. It's been always like that, this is our common gift, mine and hers. We are Seekers but it works only for commercial finds such as shoes, jeans, home appliances, etc. 
The belt is my only black belt, because I can't simply find another that like nearly as much as I like this one. I bought it on a shopping trip a few years back from Pull & Bear. The moment I entered the shop my eyes stopped on it and I knew that I'm going home with it.
The sunglasses and the necklace, aka medallion, are both vintage, from my grandparents. You already know about the sunnies from few posts back, when I showed you the content of my huge everyday bag. The medallion is my Grannies and it's a present form her Dad. A few years ago I was going to some event and I couldn't find a necklace that matches my outfit so she lent it to me and I haven't returned it to her ever since. Oops. Lucky for me there are no other girls in this part of the family so I haven't been hiding it from anyone. Or like I would've cared if I was ...

And this is it. Wish me luck and I hope this outfit brings me a job offer!

Jeans - Asos
Belt - Pull & Bear
Top - Unbranded
Shoes - Vintage find
Sunglasses - Vintage
Necklace - Handmade Vintage




You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...