15 June 2014

15-Jun-2014

Last Minute 3-Ingredient Vegan Cookies


Two nights ago, for the sad Spain vs Netherlands game, my friend Riccardo came over to watch the game at big screen. The game was staring at 8:00pm and at 19:47 I had just left the bathroom and had no treat whatsoever for my guest. Oops, I did it again. Thinking on the move, while dressing up, drying the roots of my hair and other post-shower obligation, I realised that in no time I can make some pretty amazing vegan cookies. No that anyone was vegan, I just wasn't feeling like a full blown cooking baking night. I had a game to watch, after all.
Those cookies are really easy and open to interpretations. Just the way I like them, you know, different cookies every time. You can always sweeten them up by adding sugar, honey, agave syrup or maple syrup. You can add vanilla extract, rum or cinnamon to them if you feel like stronger, predominant aroma. Chocolate chips, nut butters, shredded coco, dried fruit (chopped) or crushed nuts are all welcomed. Feel free to try and experiment. Why not adding almonds and raw strawberries to them? Or covering them with melted chocolate after they are baked. The options are endless and I would love to hear if you make them, simple as they are or any more elaborate version.
They are also perfect for everyone on a specific dietary plan - they are dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, gluten-free (use GF oats ofc.), they are vegan, natural, amazing, tasty. Crunchy on the outside, soft and tender on the inside, they are perfect for a breakfast cookies or for a healthy snack between the meals.

. They are cookies to dream for. Well. except if you have banana or oat allergy, then I'm really sorry and I'll try to make up for this. I promise!

Ingredients (for 20 bite-sized):


  • 1 1/2 cup quick oats
  • 2 medium ripe bananas
  • 1 tbsp raw unsweetened cocoa powder

How-To:


  1. With a fork or a blended mash the banana to a puree.
  2. Add the oars and the cocoa powder and mix until well combined.
  3. On a grease proof paper scoop small amounts of the mixture, allowing some space between the cookies.
  4. Bake for 10-13 minutes and serve cooled down.


Healthy cookie that tastes good! Life is perfect!





You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...