27 May 2014

27-May-2014

What's In My Bag?


So, later today is my first exam and although I'm somewhat used to sitting exams for all kinds of things, I'm still slightly nervous. Not too much, just enough to make me organise my bag in order to keep myself busy. Twice. So, this post was born as a result of my organisational outburst. You're most welcome!
Arranging everything in my huuuge bag made me realise two things. First, I care a sh!t load of staff with me. It seems like I live in this bag of mine, it's so crowded with everything. And second of all, I need a new, spring bag. Preferably something in nice, not-neutral colour and smaller in size. You know, something not so gloomy and enormous, so that it will be a natural boundary for my bag-hoarding inclinations. Well, shall we start?


  1. THE Bag itself - this is my huge Zara leather tote, a present I gave myself for the very successful first term I had in Uni.

  2. My Green Bag (that's what it says on it) - my favourite eco-friendly bag, for just in case, with a badge saying "I PLOVEDIV YOU!" which is a pun with my hometown's name - Plovdiv.

  3. Books - I always have a book or two with me. At the moment my light reading is "The Virgin's Lover" by Philippa Gregory, a historical novel about Queen Elizabeth I. It's quite entertaining, although is too much fiction and not enough history for my taste.
    I also usually carry Mr.Boyfriends Kindle in me with my school materials uploaded on it, because printing thousands of articles and reports and data sheets and critical reviews, daily,  seems somewhat irresponsible. Trying to be environment friendly.

  4. My study kit - I always have bunch of different pens and at least one highlighter in me, because I might need them. They are quite useful, especially in term time when it's always a mater of studying until dying. I also have this little neon arrows, that I use instead of highlighting in books.
    And the big red thing underneath is my studying notepad, where I write down all important words, phrases, quotes, people, ideas for school. I prefer separating business/studies from pleasure/hobbies.

  5. On the left we have my Babyskin cream, that I use on both my face and my hands and it's really good. It keeps my skin nice and soft in all times.
    On the right is my hand sanitizer because all surfaces everywhere are constantly touched by everyone. I'm not a cleaning freak, but I prefer not feeling someone's bodily fluids, thank you!

  6. Underneath all is my pretty "personal journal" which stands for my journal for everything/anything not studying related.
    On top of it are my original (and boring) Nokia earphones and my mints. I prefer mints to gums because you don't have to munch with them, I hate it when someone is just staying there and munching like a cow in a garden.

  7. My tiny knife! It's actually a cheese knife that I carry around with me everywhere but planes. I find it really cute and it's really useful if you, like me, hate biting fruits and prefer just cutting reasonable bite-sized pieces of them.

  8. On the left you can see my dear old Nokia Lumia 610. I have it now for almost two years and although is not the smartest smartphone, it's battery can last up to 11 days!
    And on the right are my tissues, how exciting, I know!

  9. Now this is a quite random selection, isn't it. Two classic lighters, an old habit from my smokers days, now long gone. I still have some friends that smoke and never have a lighter so I borrow them mine.
    A cherry Nivea lip balsam, which smells just amazing, and a classic Nivea cream in travelling size, for just in case. I swear, the Nivea cream can cure almost anything!
    Next, we have my Bohemian crystal nail file, a present from my aunt. It's very useful to have a small file in your bag because a broken nail can create one too many problems sometimes.
    The dark square object under the Nivea cream is my pocket mirror. It used to be my Mums, but I snatched it from her few years ago because she already has one that she quite likes.
    And the last piece in this group is my Aventurine cocktail ring that I carry in my bag in case I need to look a tad fancier quicker. Not sure if it actually works, haha.

  10. My most favourite comb in the whole world. My Mum gave it to my Aunt who decided she didn't like it so she passed it down to me. It's really good because the natural material (aka wood) takes away all the static electricity my hair accumulates.

  11. The (sun)glasses collection! I have several pairs of sunglasses, but right now in my gianourmous case are only my amazing vintage sunglasses that my Granddad bought in Sankt-Peterburg in the early 1960's. They are really old, but I love them so much and I wear them constantly!
    Next to them are my reading glasses. I usually have a perfect eye-sight but every now and then, when I spend one too many hours infront of the computer, I need some slight assistance. But usually I'm just fine to read, knit, drive, walk, do anything without them.

  12. The usual suspects - my huge leather purse, my Christmas 2012 gift from Mr.Boyfriend, and my phone charger. The purse is a bit too big for my taste but it's just perfect for big bags like this one because it's so easy to find.

  13. Last but not least, a Nivea deodorant, because with all the cycling  I sure don't smell of daisies, and a water bottle because it's important to stay hydrated.

So, this is it! My huge, huge bag and it's scary amount of content. I think I deserve to treat myself with a new one for the even more successful Second term. Well, that depends on the exams ...






You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...