19 May 2014

19-May-2014

Homemade Iced Caffe Latte


Before I start let me just say this - coffee is a gift from the gods! Swinging from drinking at least 3 cups daily to not drinking any for good 2 years, now I found my golden middle with one small cup up in the morning while enjoying breakfast with Mr.Boyfriend. Taking in account that in England you can always need a warm beverage in the morning, I wasn't really concerned with Mainland Europe's usual summer problem - it's just too hot to drink coffee! Well, I wasn't concerned in the morning at least, while I was happily drinking my tea and enjoying the sun in from the safety of the winter garden. But around noon, as the rays of sunlight in mybedroom became more and more persistent, and my studies increasingly boring, I faced the age-old problem - I want coffee, but I don't want a hot drink! Poor old me, I was thinking.
Deciding that this was it, I'm giving up studying, I'm lying on the carpet and I'm not moving ever again, I came across my photo album from my last days in high school. Ah, the glorious days of spring 2012, the younger and prettier me. I was dreamily looking at the pictures with my friends, going places, doing staff, having so much fun and no concerns at all, I saw my solution. From one of the photos I saw myself, giggling happily with my girlfriends, while holding a tall glass of iced coffee. There it was, the solution that will put me out of my misery! Iced coffee! I ran downstairs to the kitchen as fast as I could, putting the coffee maker on the hob!
The best part about iced coffee is that you can make it any way you like. I personally prefer it simple, adding just milk. My go-to combination is 1 part coffee, two parts milk, 2 huge ice cubes. It's up to you to decide if you want more or less milky taste. Also, if you want you can add any syrup to make it sweeter and even more indulgent - caramel, maple, chocolate, hazelnut. Or honey, if you feel like more grounded sweetness. Sprinkle with cinnamon and/or nutmeg, if you want ti make it spicier. The options are endless!

Ingredients:


  • Coffee, left to cool down at least slightly
  • Cold Milk to your own taste
  • Ice cubes, enough to cool it down completely
  • Sugar or Syrup, if you take your coffee sweet

How-To:


  1. Prepare your coffee the way you always do.
  2. Pour in a cup and set aside to cool down.
  3. In a tall glass pour as much milk as you like.
  4. When the coffee is not hot anymore, pour it over the milk in the glass.
  5. Now is the time to sweeten it up if you wish. Stir well.
  6. Add the ice cubes and enjoy!



The Perfect Summer Drink!




You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...