25 May 2014

25-May-2014

Breakfast For Two


LoveFit Cafe, Brighton


On our last day being alone this week, Mr.Boyfriend and I decide to threat ourselves and eat breakfast somewhere. Since I moved in with him, we have this little tradition of having breakfast together every morning. Well, at least every morning that I don't have to be at uni at 8 am and I eat while I'm cycling there. So, few days ago, while we were trying to decide what should we have for breakfast, we felt like going out for breakfast.
After cycling all the way to the city center, a world of immense possibilities was in front of us and led by my typical striving for tasty and healthy food we decided to give LoveFit Cafe a chance. A good decision, indeed.
This breakfast and lunch cafe shop is interested in serving its clients only the healthiest possible food while keeping it tasty. We ordered classic scrambled eggs, wholewheat pancakes, double coffee and fresh orange juice. Although the morning wasn't all that busy, it took some time for the drinks to be prepared. The food took even longer and I was on the edge of eating the menu while eating. When everything arrived I was as excited as I hoped to be but it wasn't all that bad either. I didn't quite enjoy the taste of the coffee, it tasted cheap, I don't know how and why. The orange juice on the other hand was really nice - big glass of freshly squeezed oranges, all of them just the right notch of sweetness. My pancakes looked rather miserable and small and it would be an overstatement to say that I was feeling full after them. They were thin and small, and just two of them, I was expecting more for their price. Mr.Boyfriend's scrambled eggs on the other hand were a perfection. I have never tasted not prepared at home scrambled eggs that tasted so good. They came with vegetable butter-like spread ( :[ ) and four pieces of toasted bread. Really, some of the best scrambled eggs I have ever tried. If not else, I most definitely want to eat those eggs again. This time the whole portion just for myself.

Food: 7/10

Service: 9/10

Interior: 4/10

Location: 7/10

Pricing: 4/10

Overall Grade: 6/10

Would we go back: We will if not for else then for those scrambled eggs!



You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...