13 May 2014

13-May-2014

Breakfast For Champions, Part 3 - The Best Scrambled Eggs with Tomatoes and Bacon


The healthy, tasty and filling breakfasts continue. This is a side effect of me, spending so much time studying. I start to optimize everything possible, from house chores to what I would listen while working out to what I'm going to eat. Take my breakfast for example - I try to eat something very healthy but in the same time very filling that will keep me going from 9 in the morning till 4 in the afternoon. And I also listen to my lectures again and again while I do exercise. I could never guessed that listening to statistic classes will fit so well with running. What a thing is life.
Now, back to breakfasting. I can't possible skip breakfast, this is like my most valued meal for the day and I always spend lots of time looking for the best possible breakfasts. Or the most indulgent, for that matter. I love preparing delicious and time-consuming breakfast meals every Weekend, much for the lack of any understanding from Mr.Boyfriend. If you ask him ham and cheddar sandwich is the only reasonable breakfast one can have - it takes no time and it's tasty in the same time. Not that he'll refuse if I make him a frittata or pancakes, either french or american stile, or anything for that matter. But he wouldn't do it if it was up to him. Well, nevermind him, I will continue on my quest of eating the best possible breakfasts, even on week days!
Also, the best part of this recipe is that you can totally choose what you want to put in it yourself. Mine was supposed to be with avocado and white cheese but then I saw my two almost gone tomatoes and the plans changed. Possible, and reasonable, additions to the scrambled eggs are avocados, white cheese, ham, bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms, tofu, chives, olives, salmon, peppers, spinach. Almost anything savoury that won't melt when you put it in a pan. Keep the melting part for the top. Now, let's get started.

Ingredients (for 2 people):



  • 4 medium eggs
  • 1tsp olive oil
  • 2 small tomatoes, chopped
  • 2 thin slices of bacon, chopped to cubes
  • salt and pepper

How-To:


  1. In a non-stick pan heat the oil.
  2. In a bowl crack all 4 of the eggs and whisk them together.
  3. When the oil is heated up add the bacon and fry until cooked. It should take around 2 minutes.
  4. Add the eggs, and let them cook until they start forming small setting on the pan.
  5. Now turn down the heat and start stirring vigorously, until the form small bulbs of scrambled eggs.
  6. Add the tomatoes, turn up the heat, add the spices.
  7. Cook until the tomatoes look soft and tender and the eggs cooked.
  8. Divide the scrambled in two plates and eat while they are still hot. They are best enjoyed with coffee, toast and good company!








You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...