06 July 2014

6-Jul-2014

What I Wore: Pub Shift


The hardest part about working in the pub is choosing what to wear. I know, I know, that sounds pretty bad for me, but it's true. It's just that I have to be dressed smart (what the heck "smart" means) but in the same time I have to wear very airy and light things, because it get SO hot in the pub.
Lightwear that looks good and not beachy it's really hard. At least for me is. I struggle to find the balance between looking good and not boiling. Or at least I used to. Yesterday I think I managed to find the middle ground - tailored shorts that look like classy enough to be allowed in the gastro pub environment. Of course, wearing shorts means only flats allowed. There are only very few possible ways anyone can wear shorts and heels to work and still look classy. I didn't feel like risking it last night, so I wore flats, as per se.

OK, let's get detailed here, shall we? The shorts are a fairly old pair of high-wasted New Yorker one. I think I snatched the last pair of them in the Christmas sales around 3 years ago. They have been a staple in wardrobe ever since, a versatile piece that I wear quite a lot. Especially for shorts.
The story with the shirt is very similar, but this time it was part of the Summer sales. I was determined to find a perfect striped shirt for a while, when I came across this one in the Pimkie shop in Strasbourg. Not to long, neither too short, the right fabric and perfect fit for me, again, one of my go-to items.
And last, but not least, my statement flats. My Mums fashion philosophy have always been "When in doubt wear black clothes and red shoes. You can't go wrong with red shoes." I follow her rule every time I don't know what to wear and I want to look good. Black and Red or Black and Leopard, because my signature shoes are actually my leopard flats. However, I'm not experimenting with mixing different prints for now, I'm too much of a coward for now. But just for now!

High-waisted Shorts - New Yorker
Striped Shirt - Pimkie
Shoes -Zara


You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...