11 July 2014

11-Jul-2014

Exam Results


My exam results are finally in! I can't describe how tedious the wait felt, I was starting to get impatient, nervous and stressed. I'm usually pretty much calm and confident before, during and after the exam itself, but then, when it's nearly results day, I loose most, if not all, of my confidence and I start doubting myself. So self-destroying, I know, but the anticipation kills me!
But enough with the small talk, let's discuss the real deal - my exam results! I passed! With overall grade of 65%! A very very steady 2.1, with plenty of space for improvement next year, when I'm aiming at the lovely 80%. 65% is not the best result of them all, but it's more than enough for First Year. I would say "Well done me!" if I wasn't too busy being angry with myself because I could've done better.


Explanatory Concepts in Political Science is my lowest exam results - I have scored only 50%, which, in my books, is as bad as if I have actually failed the exam. In all fairness, this wasn't my favourite subject and I found it hard to be as objective, rigid, unbiased and impersonal with the subjective topics as I should've been in order to score higher grades.

Themes and Perspectives in Sociology have been slightly bigger success - I have scored 62%. This comes as a surprise for me because this was my favourite subject in the second term and I was convinced that this is maybe my best exam (well, pretty close with my statistics one). However, I must acknowledge that I might have written my exam paper in more nonacademic style than anticipated by the people reading my work. Oh, well...

Making the Familiar Strange is the biggest surprise for me - 65% on a subject where right up to the exam date I wasn't feeling confident with explaining ontology and epistemology, milestones for this subject. I guess I said something right because the exam results are higher than my presentation results. Hooray for me, working some magic there that managed to impress even me. To be honest, I would've bet that the Explanatory Concepts and Making the Familiar exam results would've been the other way around.

Research Skills and Methods in Political Science was the easiest of the exams for me and brought me the highest score - 67%. I'm so damn impressed with myself, I knew that I got the grip of the statistics material but that? That is far beyond my expectations! And as you can probably guess, I'm so freaking happy about it! And my Dad will be so proud of me, I can even!

And this is it! Hooray for me, finishing First year with more than decent grades! I'm not say "May the Summer fun and enjoyment begin now!" because of my loaded with work schedule but how about "Bring it on, Second year!"



You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...