18 July 2014

18-Jul-2014


Happy Birthday, Mr. Mandela!


Nelson Mandela would've turn 96 today if he was still alive. Unfortunately, he's not, he passed away half a year ago. However, he is still alive in the hearts, minds, souls of everyone who remembers him. Basically everyone! He sure still lives in my heart, the same way that he has been living in my mind all my live.
Growing up, Mr. Mandela and Mr. Einstein were my imaginary friends. I bet I have told this story already, but yes, they were my imaginary friends. I will have my little talks with them whenever I have the opportunity to drift away in my own world. And of course, I would ask for their advice every time I had to make a tough decision because who knows better than them.
I was devastated when he died, I cried for the whole day, the following night and the morning after. According the Mr.Boyfriend, I even cried in my sleep. It might seem a bit too much, but my most dearest dream was to meet with him, my living and breathing childhood role-model and inspiration. I wanted to be able to speak with him, even for a little bit, the last from the great 20thC peace-making men that was still alive. Now he's not. Now he's playing cards with Martin Luther King, Jr and Gandhi...


You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...