04 July 2014

4-Jul-2014

Dinner For Two

Pho, Brighton


My shift last night was cancelled just minutes before I left for it so Mr. Boyfriend and I decided that we should go out instead. After all, I had put make-up on already, that happens only once in a blue moon after all.
So, we got in the car and we realised we had no idea where we want to go and what we want to do. Mr.Boyfriend was hungry again, so we decided to have dinner out, just by ourselves. This is quite an extraordinary thing for us to do, in all fairness. So we chose Pho, one of our favourite places in Brighton because we really like it and we definitely don't go there all that often.

Pho is a Vietnamese cafe-restaurant that is mostly known for their pho soups. Those soups are seriously delicious, I promise you, one of the best things I have ever eaten. So, this time we decided to start by ordering a starter and a side dish while we are waiting for our soups. We had summer prawn rolls with peanut sauce and prawn crackers with sweet-n-sour dip. I didn't think that will come the day when I'm going to say this, but I found something more delicious than spring rolls - summer rolls. Light, fresh and so tender, they are spring rolls hunky big brother. Amazing, really, full of fresh mint and crispy prawns. And the prawn crackers were very nice and tasted like the real deal, not like something your corner Chinese shop will serve you.
For mains we chose Hanoi style pho (grilled steak with garlic) and tiger prawns pho. I guess that by now you have guessed my prawns inclination/obsession from last night. It's now completely satisfied, I promise you! Mr.Boyfriend's pho was amazing, with steady garlic-y taste and amazing beef steak. My pho was a bit more sour and lime-y, thanks to the extra lime juice in it. Both soups were fresh and taste, exactly as good as we remembered them to be. Oh, and aren't those portions so big, you can feed 2 people with one soup. Honestly!

Food: 9/10
Service: 6/10
Interior: 9/10
Location: 5/10
Pricing: 8/10

Overall Grade: 8/10

Will we go back? Sure we will. Maybe not tomorrow, but we love the place, we love the food, we love it all. We will be going back as long as they keep preparing this delicious, fresh food!





You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...