08 November 2014

8-Nov-2014

Candy World

20 days from now Mr.Boyfriend and I will be leaving for Barcelona. Imagine that, just 20 days from now! How crazy awesome is that?! I'm getting excited and I want to jump up and down just mentioning it.
But this is not why I'm mentioning it. It's because I decided that 20 days are a good starting period for me to give up ... all kinds of sweets. That's right, no candies, cakes, pies, creams or flavored yogurts for me for the next 20 days. I'm imposing a challenge on myself, to prove that I can take better care of my body.
If you have been with me on my year-long journey since the beginning you probably know how much I love food and that I can bear the though of giving up any vital (and reasonable) food group from my diet. Meat, unfortunately, it's out of the question due to health issues, lactose makes up a good third of my diet and going gluten-free will cause Mr.Boyfriend and I endless terror when it comes to cooking. And there is no way I could give up any veg or fruit, not in hundreds of years. So, the only reasonable option left was sugars, processed that is. Fruits are good.
I'm not sure how I'm going to make it through this challenge without giving up in the middle but I'll do my best. I'm not trying to loose weight, it's not a crazy diet strategy, I'm just trying my limits. If I know that I can go 20 days without sugars then I'll be able to go a lot longer without satisfying my crazy sugar cravings every time, right?
I'll keep you posted on the process and on my strange solutions when I start dreaming for ice-cream and cakes.
Wish me luck!


You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...