27 November 2014

27-Nov-2014

The Sugar Challenge: Update

Yes, I did it! I have up sugar for 20 days straight and wasn't tempted just even once. Even though I was salivating like a stray dog in front of a butcher's shop every day, going through all the emails I get from food blogs, I managed to stay strong and follow the rules I made up myself.  Oh, and doesn't that feel great!
I am not sure if I have lost even a gram for those 20 days, probably not since I haven't done any active exercises doing this time. I don't include cycling because I'm not covering a decent mileage daily for it to count. So, loosing weight is out of the question. But that's just fine...
The point is that I feel better. I think. I am not sure if I have more energy than before, but I definitely feel more sharp and not so much like a bear, wanting to have a snack and then sleep forever. I also feel like I'm taking responsibility of my own health and that feels really good, I must say. I feel less tired in the morning and, funny enough, no outbreak on my face so far. The last may have something to do with the fact that I promised myself to put hydrating cream on my face every evening, but I can never be sure.
I don't know if I'm going to resume my sugar-free diet when we come back from Barcelona. I might just try and find weekly-based moderation. Or just allow myself 1 sugar day per month, or something. I haven't figured it out just yet. But I know that my days of stuffing myself like Christmas turkey with sugar and candies, are officially over! Hopefully for good.



You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...