14 September 2014

14-Sept-2014

Perfect Summer Sunday

If you asked me 3-4 years ago what would I do in a perfect summer day, I would've probably answered you that I'll sleep in until midday, then wake up and try to recover from the night before and have some breakfast, go for a stroll and then watch a movie in bed.
Now this is totally changed, and I could't be happier with the change. In all fairness, this perfect day today was possible only because my Mum was the one who had to worry about cooking lunch for the family, but other than that, was truly an ideal day, by all means and standards. So here is my perfect day ...
Waking up neither early nor late - around 9. Having breakfast, preferably something homemade and with a huge glass of milk involved. Then doing something fun but good for the health. Like cycling. Or going for a run or a hike. Or in my case - going skating. Yes, that's right, today I spent good 3 hours skating at the rowing channel. I don't know how many kilometers I have done, more than 2 for sure, but I felt so great that I could've kept doing it the whole day. A favourite pass time of mine since I was a child, I find it very relaxing for the brain ad very stimulating for the body. It's my yoga on the move. Unfortunately for me I'm not able to skate in Brighton since we live so freaking away from all civilized places and parks, but I find the time to do it every time I'm back home.
Then, after the intense part is time to go back home, have a shower and then lunch. The whole family together. And then a nap, because I'll need plenty of energy to play with the cat later on. When my Dad and I are both awake, we'll do a crossword or some other type of language mind game. And then another one. And maybe a third one, if we are having a good day. Then we'll go for a walk, somewhere in the neighborhood,wearing just shorts and tee, nothing fancy, just another hour spend outside in the nice weather. And when we go back home, we'll have a light dinner and we'll watch a movie together. Because Sunday!

 

 




You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...