07 August 2014

7-Aug-2014

Summer's Best Gazpacho


Remember how a few days ago I was going bananas over Mexican food? Well, today I'm going to do the same with Spanish food, so brace yourself!
Now, where should I start from? Maybe by saying that my love affair with Spanish food began in Spain itself? The first time I was in Spain was actually the first time to go abroad without my parents and therefore I was eating every possible thing I could lay my hands on. No fancy restaurants, no actual lunches or dinners, just street food, crazy cravings and wild appetite to try anything and everything. Spanish food tasted like anything I have tried before and it felt so good, so right! It was Mediterranean with a spicy, passionate twist. It was fresh, aromatic, rich, light and filling in the same time.
Ever since then I have a soft spot for Spanish food. Whenever I can I will either cook Spanish food or will eat in Spanish restaurant and I will think about the lovely days roaming in Alcala de Henares, San Lorenzo de El Escorial, Toledo, Madrid, Barcelona, Jirona and eating, eating, eating the best food in the world!
Gazpacho is an easy cold vegetable soup, perfect for those summer days when you feel so lazy that you can't even bother to munch your food. It's really refreshing and nourishing, vegan, gluten free, raw, amazing! I love sipping it from a tall glass on a hot summer day. Mmm, perfect!

Ingredients (4 bowls):


  • 5 ripe tomatoes, cut in quarters
  • 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
  • 1 red pepper, seeds removed, chopped
  • 1/2 ripe avocado
  • 3-4 garlic cloves
  • 1 onion, peeled and cut in quarters
  • olive oil, vinegar
  • salt and pepper

How-To:


  1. Place all of the ingredients in a food processor/blender's bowl
  2. Blend together until the whole mixture becomes really creamy.
  3. Refrigerate for 2 hours or just add ice cubes to the gazpacho.
  4. Serve cold.

Summer Perfection!






You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...