28 August 2014

28-Aug-2014

Yesterday Story

So yesterday, while I was making my soup for (rather late) lunch, I got a call that I need to cover on shift in the restaurant and that I need to go as soon as I could. No worries, I said, I'm coming and I left, leaving my soup uncooked and my stomach - empty. The shift went smoothly, this time I was on the floor, not behind the bar as usually, so I was a bit nervious but other than it was all good. However, when I finished work, it was raining outside and I had just missed the train back home, so I decided that it would be faster if I cycle back home in the rain rather than wait for the next train, 30 minutes from then.
Cycling home was nice and refreshing, however slowly but steadily I got so hungry that my whole body hurt. I figured out that I needed some sort of distraction to take me away from the devastating pain in my stomach and decided to use the magic of the new technologies (aka my phone's hands-free earphones) and to call Mr.Boyfriend while I was cycling back home. It was fine and I was mere 300 meters away from home, that 1 minute of cycling at most, when a darling black cat jumped out the shadows right in front of my bike. I usually love animals, especially cats, but this one - I would chase down the street if I could. Why? Well because I got scared by the cat and since I was already tired and in pain, plus the slippery ground from the rain, my reactions with the bike brakes were all that good. My bike slipped, I panicked, tried not to fall on the ground, so I fell even worse than I anticipated, the bike on top of me. Thanks, Ms Street Cat.
I'm not seriously injured, I'm a bit bruised, my ankle and knee are a bit swollen and bad looking, but other that the scare, I'm fine. I've been lying low today the whole day, trying not to put too much pressure on my ankle, and watching Bones the whole afternoon. All because of a cat.







You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...