06 August 2014

6-Aug-2014

Coffee And Cake For One

!Revival Coffee Company

I had my McDonald's day off this Monday so I decided that I need to take myself for a coffee and cake somewhere I haven't been before. So, I putted my favourite dress on, my new pretty shoes and just walked without direction. I ended up all the way over in the middle of Hove, no idea whatsoever where I am nor how I got there. I found something that seemed like a main street, but tiny, full of coffee shops, vintage shops and benches. A perfect place, really.
So, browsing around I decided to stop at !Revival, because I liked the wooden interior inside and they had a huge sign saying that they have great milkshakes and home-made cakes. Milk and cake, I was sold.
The place offers a very non-english atmosphere, very laid back, nature orientated and even kind of rustic. They have a fair range of cakes and numerous cold drinks, perfect for the summer. I chose the Walnut and Coffee cake to try there and Classic Fruit cake to take away, because I know that I will never bother to make either at home. The cakes were delicious and rich. The coffee cream was very light and intense tasting and the walnut cake layers were so fluffy, I could bet they are made out of clouds. And the fruit cake had such great abundance of fruits that felt refreshingly delightful! I also ordered a Chocolate and Cherry milkshake, because why not? I can have it all on my day off! However, I found the milkshake a bit too rich for my taste, too much cocoa and cherry syrup, too little milk.
Nevertheless, I find this place probably the best for cakes in Brighton, at least so far. The cakes were actually quite cheap at 2.50 per piece to eat in. And the pieces are rather generous!

Food: 8/10
Service: 710
Interior: 8/10
Location: 6/10
Pricing: 8/10

Overall Grade: 8/10

Will I go back? Of course I will. Superb cakes!





You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...