21 April 2014

21-Apr-2014

Feast On, Roasted Chicken

Homemade Roasted Chicken!
My most favourite part of every celebration is having a bunch of close people to share the day with. Therefore, it should be a no surprise that for Easter Dinner I had a full table of people to feed with delicious meals. Having tremendous amounts of cake left after breakfast and my room-mates birthday, all I had to do was to prepare a main course. So I roasted a zesty chicken. I know, I know, chicken is not the traditional meat for Easter, lamb is, but a truly hate the taste of it. And the smell. And the texture. And how fat it is. I really really really prefer not to see lamb meat anywhere near me. This glorious roasted chicken is inspired by Jamie Oliver's Ministry of Food cook book, but it's slightly modified because this is what I do. I take a recipe I trust enough and then I start to experiment and mostly improvise. The chicken was a blast, everyone loved it and there no leftovers whatsoever, not even enough for a nice chicken sandwich. My guests attacked the chicken before I could've reached for the camere to take pictures of it, so the picture bellow is from Jamie Oliver's site. I plan to do this chicken again very soon, so I'll update the picture once I prepare it again!

Ingredients:


  • 1 Whole Chicken (mine was around 1,35kg)
  • 1 Big Lemon
  • Bunch of Fresh Rosemary, Thyme and Savory
  • Animal Fat of Your Choosing
  • Salt and Paper
  • Paprika and Cumin

How-To:


  1. Wash the chicken with hot water so that you know that is clean.
  2. Put all of the fresh spices inside the chicken.
  3. Prick the lemon all over, using sharp knife. You can even put in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
  4. Put the lemon in chicken as well.
  5. Season the chicken with all of the spices, ribbing them all over the birds body.
  6. Rib the animal fat all around the chicken.
  7. Place the bird in roasting tin lined with aluminium foil.
  8. Roast for 1 hour 20 minutes in preheated oven at 200C, or until the inside is cooked and the outside is golden and crispy!
  9. Enjoy with fresh salad and roasted vegetables.




You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...