12 April 2014

12-Apr-2014

Chocolate Cherry Brownie Cake 

So, yesterday I baked yet another cake. I know, I know, all I can think about are cakes and cookies. However, this time I have an excuse. This cake, this lovely, soft, rich cake, I baked as a dessert for last night's dinner. Mr. Boyfriend and I went over at one of my closest friends from uni and her boyfriend. It was great, I had so much fun and it was one of my best nights in a long time. We ate, we drank, we talked and it was truly amazing. And because you should never go empty-handed anywhere, I baked this cake. It's so nice and smooth, a bit crispy at the top but soft, chewy and gooey on the inside. It was total success, especially in combination with cream or ice-cream. Mmm, bring the forks!

Ingredients: 


  • 100gr Butter
  • 175gr Caster Sugar
  • 75gr Brown Sugar
  • 100gr Plain Flour
  • 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
  • 125gr Chocolate for Cooking
  • 1tbsp Golden Syrup (or Honey, or Maple Syrup)
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 tsp Cherry Liqueur (you can use vanilla extract if you prefer it)
  • 4 tbsp Cocoa Powder
  • 150gr Morello Cherries 

How To: 


  1. Place the butter, the sugar (both types), the chocolate and the golden syrup in a pan and melt gently until smooth. Then remove from the heat and set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl break the eggs and whisk them lightly. Add the melted mixture and the rest of the ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
  3. Pour in greased and lined with paper baking pan. Bake for 45 minutes at 180C or until cooked.

Brownie Cake Is The Best




You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...