15 April 2014

15-Apr-2014

Homemade Almond Butter

A few months back I discovered the Peanut butter. At first I found its taste a bit weird and unappealing but halfway through the first jar I felt inlove with it. Now it is irreplaceable part of my cooking and my snacks. So today I decided to try and make my own nut butter. I still have some peanut butter in the jar and almond butter is impossible to find in most of the stores (I have to go across town if I want to find almond butter) so i decided to give a try and prepare my own homemade almond butter. It turned out to be so easy that I think I'll never go back to jarred nut butters.

Ingredients:


  • Almonds (or other nuts of your choosing - peanuts, cashew, hazelnut, pecan, walnut, pistachio and macadamia would work just fine)

How-To:


  1. Place the nuts in food processor/blender and blend them together for few minutes until they turn into dust.
  2. Then stop and scrape the mixture from the sides.
  3. Proceed to blending them until they turn into nice, thick and smooth almond butter. And this is it!

NOTE: A handful of almonds makes 2 tbsp of butter. So for a whole jar you'll probably need up to 500 grams of almonds.

TIP: I highly recommend the following snack: a toasted slice of wheat bread cover with almond butter and a few slices of apple placed on top of it. Sprinkle with cinnamon for extra special taste.



Mmm, simply delicious!


You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...