13 April 2014

13-Apr-2014


The Great Outdoor

After spending a week locked to my laptop and working, working, working all the time, this weekend was time for a change. The weather was great and all, so I had no excise for staying indoors.
Yesterday we went for a walk. A 10 kilometers one, from Falmer, where we live, to Lewes, the nearby town known for its picturesque beauty and fairly cheap pub food. One of our ex-room-mate came over from London, where she works now, and brought 3 of her friends with her. With bags full of apples, chocolate and water bottles we entered a fun journey through the hills. It was beyond great. We walked for almost 3 hours, enjoying the nice weather and all the great thing we ran into. Including newborn sheep, few beautiful horses, a windmill in the middle of nowhere, few very fancy houses and  loads of pretty flowers. Our walk ended at the Lewes' Arms pub where eat some delicious food and drank ale, as you do after walking 10k.

Today, Mr. Boyfriend and I decided that the weather is equally great so it will be a pity to stay at home the whole day and just do nothing. Or even worse, to stay in front of out computers. So, we mounted our bikes and off-we-go! We did a 25km ride with just one stop - Mr.Boyfriend got really hungry and because he refused to let me make sandwiches before we left home, we had to stop and look for food for him. It was a great adventure, this was my first real bike ride and I'm so proud of myself. Not a single hill stopped me going and I was able to keep up with Mr.Boyfriend. It felt a-ma-zing, I haven't felt so good in my own skin for a very very long time. I felt healthy and energized and powerful and in charge of my own life. One of the best feeling ever!

Ah, Spring, you know me so well...




You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...