23 December 2014

23-Dec-2014

Delicious Healthy Roast Veggies Pasta (Vegan)

Yes, a recipe again. As I have already said a number of time before, you can always guess if I'm on a break from school by the fact that I cook a hell lot more. I basically turn a full home-made chef for days. For example, this morning just before breakfast, I made a double batch of my Easy Breezy Flourless cookies to send to my family back in Bulgaria. I changed the recipe a bit this time, leaving out the coffee and rum, and adding orange zest instead. Gotta say - this recipe is a keeper! I can bet  my head that my Dad will fall head over heels with them - he loves everything that A) is chocolate B) has orange in it and C) I've baked at home.
But this is not about the cookies, although I don't mind being about them. It's about what I made Mr.Boyfriend and I for lunch. Let's start by saying that both of us love love love pasta. We won't eat it everyday, but every other day - without a problem. You know, just to be able to eat pizza as well. Pizza is the best!
So, this recipe, let me try and explain why is so awesome. First of all, it's so easy that it's unbelievable! You don't need to do much than cutting veggies and putting them in a roasting pan. Second, it's healthy - it's full of fresh amazing vegetables, that are full of flavour and vitamins. And most importantly, it's so so so DELICIOUS that you'll never guess how easy and healthy is. Oh, I love it! And Mr.Boyfriend likes it so much, that takes the initiative to make it on his own when I'm working. I think you get the idea, the recipe is total win! Shall we start?

Ingredients:


  • 1 pack of pasta, any type you like
  • 2 aubergines, peeled cut to cubes
  • 1 courgettes, peeled cut ti cubes
  • 6-7 medium mushrooms, cut to cubes
  • 3 peppers, chopped
  • 3 cans tomatoes
  • 15 cherry tomatoes
  • olive oil to drizzle
  • salt and pepper
  • oregano
  • basil

How To:


  1. Preheat the oven at 180C
  2. Put the aubergines, courgette, mushrooms and peppers in a roasting tin.
  3. Drizzle the veggies with olive oil and season with oregano, and salt and pepper.
  4. Bake the veggies for 30-40 minutes, stirring them every 10-15 minutes and adding a bit more olive oil if needed.
  5. When the veggies have been in the oven for around 20-25 minutes, it's time to cook the pasta, following the instructions on the package.
  6. When the veggies have been in the oven for around 30 minutes, pour the tomatoes in a pot and heat them over the stove and add the basil.
  7. When the roasted veggies are ready, transfer them in the same pot with the tomatoes. Mix them all together.
  8. Chop the fresh cherry tomatoes, and add them to the mixture.
  9. When the pasta is cooked, mix it with the tomatoes and veggie sauce.
  10. Enjoy!





You can't get lost if you don't know where you're going...